This accounting position is responsible for assisting with accounts payable functions. This position works closely with Materials Management personnel and vendors on accounts payable issues. The individual in this position may also be responsible for administering payroll or serving as the backup individual responsible for payroll. This position also works on special projects and analyses as required and assists the Accounting Department team as needed. This position requires diligence, flexibility and attention to detail due to the fast-paced environment.
- Assists with preparing vendors’ invoices for payment by matching invoices with shipping documents, purchase orders and other documents required for timely, accurate payment.
- Enters invoices into A/P system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Files documents and maintains accounts payable files in an organized, thorough manner.
- Prints and mails checks after verifying their accuracy and completeness.
- Always processes payments within required time frames for discounts.
- Assists with preparing and reviewing reports on the accounts payable function as directed by the Controller.
- Willingly cross trains on essential functions of other Accounting staff and assists in other areas as needed.
- Scans financial documents (i.e., journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations) into computer to maintain electronic records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience in accounts payable required. Healthcare experience preferred.