- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRNs)/Physician Assistant (PA) collaborates with physicians and works with other healthcare providers as needed to individualize the healthcare needs of their patients. APRN/PA provides diagnosis and treatment of health problems; focus on the effects health problems have on the patient and the family; explain health problems and the effects of medications; emphasize wellness and self-care; and manage their own case load.
- APRN/PAs with prescriptive authority maintain a current collaboration agreement with a physician (as well as a physician who is available in their absence) who contractually agrees to be available for consultation and referral while maintaining the appropriate contracts as required by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing/State Medical Board.
- APRN/PAs perform physical exams; order/ interpret lab and radiologic studies; diagnose and treat acute and chronic health problems; provide health maintenance; and promote healthy lifestyles for patients.
- Work schedules are agreed upon by the collaborative physician, Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) and APRN/PA to meet the needs of the patients.
- Conducts comprehensive patient assessments according to patients presenting symptoms, progress and age-specific parameters.
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members and collaborative physician(s) as appropriate.
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patients needs and goals.
- Provides competent care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard universal precautions.
- Prescribes and administers medications as outlined by prescriptive authority contract and completes treatments according to policies and within age-specific parameters.
- Maintains and completes all required patient record documentation.
- Directs admission and discharge planning in conjunction with interdisciplinary team identifying discharge medications, writing prescriptions, outlining dietary restrictions, discharge activities and follow up appointments to facilitate discharge process.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and decision making at an advanced level, i.e., lab, diagnostic test interpretation, etc.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Masters level program of nursing education that fulfills completion requirements for Advanced Practice Registered Nursing. Will consider grandfathered BSN graduates that have fulfilled educational requirements to obtain Advanced Practice licensure as required by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing or Physician Assistant (PA) degree from a school accredited by the Arkansas State Medical Board (ASMB) required.
- Licensure/Certification: Possession of an active current Arkansas Registered Nurse license and an Arkansas Advanced Practice Nurse license, active current certification by a nationally certifying body or Possession of an active current PA license issued by the ASMB and current Certified Physician Assistant (PAC), as issued by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) required. Current BLS and ACLS certifications. Eligible for or has current Medicare provider number and DEA registration. Certification(s) is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card.
- Experience: Minimum of one-year experience as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant preferred.