FOUR catherization labs and TWO electrophysiology labs. Very efficient and innovative lab. The teamwork and collaboration for treatment of care of patients is like no other! Multiple modality of procedures performed and a phenomenal structural heart program that also focuses on high risk PCIs.
This professional staff person has 24-hour accountability for maintaining the day-to-day operations of his/her assigned unit(s). The Assistant Director, Clinical provides support to the staff by directing, monitoring and evaluating the patient load and ensures that patient care is optimized through the proper allocation of nursing resources. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Assistant Director, Clinical works collaboratively with the other members to ensure safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the Assistant Director, Clinical serves as the clinical expert for patient care in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs utilizing external resources necessary to provide high quality care. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Position has 24 hour accountability for Department(s). Flexible schedules to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demands.
- Delegates appropriately to licensed and/or non-licensed staff in accordance with job descriptions, license requirements and standards of practice.
- Utilizes resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains unit-based competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation, collaboration, and role modeling.
- Serves as an intermediary in resolving staff conflicts.
- Collaborates with all departments to facilitate patient flow.
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement, Utilization Review and other hospital-wide programs at the discretion of the Chief Clinical Officer.
- Assumes a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
- Assists in managing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations in collaboration with other Department designees.
- Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e., cross training).
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist other areas of the hospital as needed.
- Effectively demonstrates prioritization and time management skills.
- Assists in all aspects of care in the environment as needed.
- Supports the staff by reviewing daily volume requirements and ensuring data is accurate and complete
- Coordinates Emergency Room equipment readiness through daily checks.
- Coordinates the tracking, availability and maintenance of unit equipment.
- Oversees/assists/supports staff in the organization and stocking of the assigned departments.
- Maintains positive workflow by monitoring meal times and break times.
- Makes rounds daily and as needed and is aware of the general needs of each patient and staff member in their assigned area.
- Maintains appropriate nursing resources through flexible staffing.
- Assists the Chief Clinical Officer with appropriate disciplinary action when required.
- Investigates, resolves and documents action on variances.
- Assists with recruiting and interviewing of competent staff.
- Assists staff in problem solving work issues and in adapting to the patient-focused care environment.
- Assists in the training of staff on hospital computer system.
- Assists in the orientation, evaluation and retention of clinical staff.
- Maintains adherence to the preceptor program.
- Evaluates staff competencies and intervenes to maintain quality.
- Assists in the completion of the admission process as needed and may assist in the periodic assessment of the patient.
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patient’s needs and goals.
- Available to assist with direct patient care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists in providing education to patients/families/significant other and to staff, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Ensures compliance with utilization of standard precautions.
- Maintains all required documentation.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
- Assists the Chief Clinical Officer by responding to and resolving patient complaints to the best of his/her ability.
- Ensures quality patient care through appropriate staff/patient assignments.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Collaborates closely with the Chief Clinical Officer with coordination of Administrative duties.
- Assists in the overall operation of the hospital through active participation in projects aimed at achieving the hospital’s mission and incorporates the values of the hospital in day-to-day activities.
- Assists in the selection of equipment, supplies and goods with goals of quality and cost efficiency.
- Communicates with staff and physicians on administrative issues and follows-up to bring closure to such issues.
- Assumes a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery systems.
- Assists in the development and education of staff in collaboration with the Chief Clinical Officer and Clinical Educator
- Responds to issues of harassment and discrimination per company policy.
- Completes employee performance evaluations and skills competencies in a timely manner per company policy.
- Investigates work related issues and assists staff in problem solving and/or plans of action to promote patient safety and a healthy work environment.
- Responsible for generation and maintenance of daily staff assignments to coordinate unit operations.
- Responsible for communication of pertinent information to staff on daily basis.
- Assists the Chief Clinical Officer in facilitation of interview and selection of potential candidates, mentoring, and discipline according to Corrective Action policy and procedure.
- Supports a safe, quality environment for patients and staff.
- Operates within budgetary parameters.
- Responsible for appropriate staffing levels to accommodate patient acuity and volume.
- Plans, Develops and Provides annual competency reviews and performance evaluations of staff and assist in staff development collaboration with the Education department.
- Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e. cross training).
- Assist staff in problem-solving and work issues.
- Responsible for hiring competent staff for the department.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required, Baccalaureate degree, or higher, in health-care related field preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact required. Current BLS, ACLS required within 1 year of employment. Certifications are to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification documentation.
- Experience: Minimum of three years extensive, adult intensive/critical care or ER experience required. Minimum of 1 year leadership experience preferred.