Responsible for exerting systematic and effective control over the safety, maintenance and performance of the facilitys diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. Performs safety inspections, preventative maintenance, calibration, corrective maintenance and equipment evaluation. Completes all associated reports..
- Performs preventative maintenance on patient care equipment. Performs complete operational and serviceability check of unit to prevent future failure.
- Performs corrective maintenance of patient care equipment. Responds to routine and emergency calls for corrective maintenance involving patient care equipment. Coordinates on-site repair with users.
- Communicates with patients, key facility staff and physicians. Coordinates equipment needs, operational problems and particular equipment application situations with staff.
- Understands and adheres to safety standards regarding diagnostic and therapeutic equipment located throughout the facility.
- Utilizes Computenance Plus System and completes all documentation per accreditation requirements.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance correctly and participates in the Department Quality Improvement Plan.
- Continually attempts to develop self through training and education.
- Knowledge of all programs standards, procedures and reports required.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Education: Associate Degree in Bio-medical Technology or equivalent required. Medical terminology course preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years experience in bio-medical technology required; in lieu of this requirement, will consider minimum of three years experience in electronics with most recent year of experience being with medical equipment.