The Business Intelligence Analyst, under the general direction of the Business Intelligence Manager, is responsible for providing sound, high level, financial, clinical outcomes, and other statistical analyses to support the decision-making needs of enterprise leadership. The team member will extract, manipulate, and produce Data Insights with BI Tools from multiple databases and data sources.
The team member, independently and within cross-functional teams, will provide analysis and projections for unique and new opportunities, detect improvement opportunities in existing operations, and support analysis, improvement, and creation of management information metrics, reports, and dashboards as applicable to hospital and clinic revenue cycle operations. The Business Intelligence Analyst will develop to be a subject-matter expert responsible for examining, optimizing, and supporting the hospital operation functions for the Insights Team.
The ideal candidate is expected to have a firm understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Python. Hospital Operations in clinical, revenue cycle, financial or general hospital and clinic business operations preferred.
- Produce Reports, Dashboards, Data Extracts, automate internal and external reports, creating executive dashboards, and presenting information Departments and Executives to help them understand the operational or Clinical impact of the data.
- Conducts financial, statistical, and business analysis, business, and financial forecasting, and financial
- spreadsheet modeling, using large data sets and a broad range of tools and technologies.
- Work with multiple databases and external data sources (TSQL based RDMS, NoSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
- Responsible for documentation of work and projects to preserve enterprise knowledge
- Assists in the creation and validation of high level strategic financial decision models and ad-hoc analyses for key organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Identify and advise on failure points in various developed and managed systems as related to performance, stability, security, and best-practice compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: BS/MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Health Informatics and/or related field OR AAS/AASCET degree in Computer Science Related Field plus relevant certifications and/or additional years of experience.
- Required: 2+ years of working knowledge of SQL (specifically with one or more of the following platforms: MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, or Similar Relational T-SQL Platform)
- Required: 2+ years’ experience working with reporting and analysis tools such as Tableau, Qlik, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc
- Preferred: 2+ years of experience in working on projects, specifically in the areas of requirement gathering, stakeholder analysis and facilitation of project meetings, competent in documenting and verbally communicating project tasks and goals.
- Preferred: 1+ years working with ETL process and tools
- Essential Skills: Ability to demonstrate application of strong business analysis and project management concepts, innovative problem solving, and strong analytical skills; strong technical skills with the ability to quickly learn new computer programs and data sources; strong understanding of relational databases; solid experience with Microsoft Office applications; able to work effectively with finance, operations, clinical and other functional areas. Knowledge of SQL required. Understanding of healthcare processes and revenue cycle strongly desired.