Willing to consider RN or LPN for this position and offer training and assist to get certified as HBO
This position is responsible for administering hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients of the Wound Care Center under the supervision of a Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurse or Board Certified Hyperbaric Registered Physician. Assists in providing coverage when needed in the Wound Care Center in the absence of the Hyperbaric Registered Nurse. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the Hyperbaric Physician.
Flexible schedules to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand.
- Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patients need in a timely manner.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Welcomes patients and ensures the admission paperwork is all available and actively participates in the admission process.
- Assists patients with ADLs including meals, bathing and hygiene needs.
- Performs/Assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher.
- Performs/Assists with range of motion exercises and ambulating.
- Performs Cardiac Rehab exercises with patients as per protocol.
- Reports abnormal conditions to the RN in a timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of skin integrity with the use of emollients, creams, etc. Cares for superficial skin tears under the direction of the RN.
- Identifies the organization of the human body, including its systems, structure and functions.
- Demonstrates general principles of cleanliness (asepsis).
- Applies the principles of basic nutrition to patient care.
- Provides basic emergency care.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Identifies, reports and records changes that result from disease or trauma to patients respiratory, cardiovascular, neurologic, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, reproductive, musculoskeletal, metabolic, psychological, integumentary, sensory, immune, hematologic and nutritional systems.
- Observes, reports and records the patients condition.
- Monitors intravenous lines for adequacy of fluids and operations and reports any non-functioning line as observed with visual inspection.
- Performs oral/nasal/endotracheal suctioning.
- Establishes patient setup/connection tasks including NIBP, SaO2 and ECG.
- Collects specimens such as urine, stool and sputum.
- Applies warm and cold compresses.
- Performs 12 lead EKG.
- Monitors and performs vital signs using a variety of equipment, and reports abnormalities to RN.
- Performs surgical preps on patients.
- Obtains weights and basic patient information on new admissions.
- Assists RN/MD in removal of sheath and applies manual pressure or c-clamp after hemostasis has been established. Observes sheath site for signs of bleeding and notifies RN of any changes.
- Provides clerical duties as needed.
- Able to apply simple dressings and assist RN with more complex dressings.
- Performs blood glucose monitoring.
- Performs hemostasis monitoring test.
- Performs intake and output measurements.
- Performs calorie counts.
- Performs ostomy care.
- Administers medications in a safe manner.
- Provides peripheral intravenous site care and is able to discontinue peripheral intravenous therapy.
- Collaborates with the RN in developing, implementing, and evaluation of the outcomes of the teaching plan.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Graduate of an approved hyperbaric medicine course required OR Graduate of RN or LPN accredited college.
- Licensure/Certification: Must be licensed within 1 year of employment for the HBO Certification. Must hold a current license in EMT, Paramedic, LPN, RN, APRN or RT.
- Experience: None required. Minimum of six (6) months continuous experience in an acute care setting preferred.