This position is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to customers at all times. Assists with a wide variety of tasks and operations to prepare and cook nutritious foods for patients, employees and others, following standard practices and procedures and complying with regulatory requirements.
- Assists with the various aspects of the food preparation process on an ongoing basis in accordance with hospital/department standards:
- Manages the food preparation process, ensuring that the food quality meets the expectations of the customer.
- Prepares food service for functions as needed.
- Evaluates situations, formulates plans, initiates changes and monitors results.
- Seeks feedback on food quality through regular interaction with customers.
- Investigates all client comments which would reflect possible deterioration of any aspect of service and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains positive communication with all related departments within the organization.
- Assists in preparing, implementing and monitoring all quality control programs.
- Assists other managers in daily operation of account when needed.
- Strives to provide high quality, appealing food by constantly updating the menu offerings to the customers.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef in creating new specials for the customers.
Contributes to the retention of his/her account by ensuring that the level of food service meets/exceeds the customers’ expectations.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred, ServSafe Certified
- Experience: Minimum of two years food service experience. Hospital environment preferred.