Assist clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the scope of practice of an LPN using the patient focused care system and under the direction/supervision of an RN. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patients need in a timely manner.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Welcome patients and assures the admission paperwork is available and actively participates in the admission process.
- Assists patients with ADLs including meals, bathing, and hygiene needs.
- Performs/Assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher.
- Performs/Assists with range of motion exercises and ambulating.
- Performs range of motion exercises with patients as appropriate.
- Reports abnormal conditions to the RN in a timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of skin integrity with the use of emollients, creams, etc. Cares for superficial skin tears under the direction of the RN.
- Identifies the organization of the human body; its systems, structure, and functions.
- Demonstrates general principles of cleanliness (asepsis).
- Applies the principle of basic nutrition to patient care.
- Provides basic emergency care.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Education: Graduate of a Practical Nurse program .
- Licensure/ Certification: Current state licensure as a Practical Nurse or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. Current BLS and ACLS certification required within 30 days of employment. Basic EKG required within 6 months of employment. Certification must be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification documentation.
- Experience: 6 months- 1 year continuous experience in an acute care setting preferred.