Keep The Beat is a nine-step heart screen dedicated to saving lives and preventing heart disease. We provide a comprehensive heart screening to identify risk factors associated with heart disease and eliminate uncertainty. Prevention is fundamental in keeping the heart healthy. The staff of Keep The Beat provide individualized education, based on screening results, in a manner that is easily understood. When risk factors are detected, lifestyle recommendations and appropriate treatment options are discussed. Come join our team and make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Assist clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the scope of practice of an RN using the patient focused care system and under the direction/supervision of an APRN. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Welcome patients and assures the admission paperwork is available and actively participates in the admission process.
Keep the Beat Clinic:
- Completes initial patient assessment according to program protocols and age-specific parameters. Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for providing health screening tests to patients in the program. Performs phlebotomy, EKG, Vital Signs, and BMI.
- Performs blood pressure checks.
- Facilitates the appropriate referral for additional care/follow-up.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Actively assists the medical director in the clinical management of patients providing relevant and timely communication regarding patients in the program.
- Assist with coordination of Keep The Beat Program.
- Develops and maintains all necessary documentation for the program.
- Develops and maintains patient education materials for patients involved with the Keep the Beat Program.
- Implements patient/family education programs and follows patient progression.
- Assists in the promotion of the Keep the Beat Program.
- Assists in tracking and reporting data to improve both clinical and financial outcomes
- Assists with scheduling
- Provides patient counseling of individual risk assessment. Educates patient in lifestyle or referral recommendations.
- Education: Graduate of a Registered Nursing program.
- Licensure/ Certification: Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. Current BLS and ACLS certification required within 30 days of employment. Basic EKG required within 6 months of employment. Certification must be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification documentation.
- Experience: 6 months- 1 year continuous experience in an acute care setting preferred.