Assist clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the scope of practice of an LPN using the patient focused care system and under the direction/supervision of an APRN. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Welcome patients and assures the admission paperwork is available and actively participates in the admission process.
Keep the Beat Clinic:
- Completes initial patient assessment according to program protocols and age-specific parameters. Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for providing health screening tests to patients in the program. Performs phlebotomy, EKG, Vital Signs, and BMI.
- Performs blood pressure checks.
- Facilitates the appropriate referral for additional care/follow-up.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Actively assists the medical director in the clinical management of patients providing relevant and timely communication regarding patients in the program.
- Assist with coordination of Keep The Beat Program.
- Develops and maintains all necessary documentation for the program.
- Develops and maintains patient education materials for patients involved with the Keep the Beat Program.
- Implements patient/family education programs and follows patient progression.
- Assists in the promotion of the Keep the Beat Program.
- Assists in tracking and reporting data to improve both clinical and financial outcomes
- Assists with scheduling
- Provides patient counseling of individual risk assessment. Educates patient in lifestyle or referral recommendations.
- Education: Graduate of a Practical Nurse program .
- Licensure/ Certification: Current state licensure as a Practical Nurse or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. Current BLS and ACLS certification required within 30 days of employment. Basic EKG required within 6 months of employment. Certification must be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification documentation.
- Experience: 6 months- 1 year continuous experience in an acute care setting preferred.