Assist clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the scope of practice of an LPN using the patient focused care system and under the direction/supervision of an APRN. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Welcome patients and assures the admission paperwork is available and actively participates in the admission process.
Clinic patient work up LPN
- Actively solicits information from patient’s doctor’s office staff, and insurance pre-certification information
- Explains procedures and answers questions regarding patient care and scheduled procedures.
- Identifies, reports and records changes that result from disease or trauma to patient’s respiratory, cardiovascular, neurologic, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, reproductive, musculoskeletal, metabolic, psychological, integumentary, sensory, immune, hematologic and nutritional systems.
- Able to apply simple dressings and assist RN/MD with more complex dressings.
- Accurate and complete medication reconciliation.
- Completely update the patient’s medical record at each visit including allergies, hospitalizations, and surgeries in the electronic medical record system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Documents Flu and Pneumonia immunizations.
- Performs 12 lead EKG
- Obtains weight and basic patient information.
- Performs phlebotomy and blood glucose monitoring.
- Travels to outreach satellite clinics.
- Performs clerical duties as needed.
- Education: Graduate of a Practical Nurse program .
- Licensure/ Certification: Current state licensure as a Practical Nurse or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. Current BLS and ACLS certification required within 30 days of employment. Basic EKG required within 6 months of employment. Certification must be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification documentation.
- Experience: None required.