THIS POSITION REQUIRES DAY TRAVEL TO MULTIPLE OUTREACH CLINICS AROUND ARKANSAS
This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of a physician/mid-level provider, registered nurse and/or licensed practical nurse.
- Ensures facility paperwork is available and actively participates in the admission process (i.e., patient arrival/check-in for clinic visit).
- Actively participates in administering patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patients needs in a timely manner.
- Performs/assists with positioning patients and transferring patients (i.e., from wheelchair to exam table or bed; from bed to chair, wheelchair or stretcher). Transports patients as needed.
- Reports changes in condition to the nurse in a timely manner.
- Maintains personal responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Applies the knowledge of growth and development to appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains universal precautions.
- May travel to satellite clinics.
- Performs other assigned duties as directed by supervisor based on demonstrated competency.
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Licensure/Certification: If MA – certification preferred. BLS certification required upon hire. Basic EKG skills required within 6 months of employment. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card.
- Experience: MA diploma, or MA certification, none required. Knowledge of EHR and ability to navigate EHR preferred. Knowledge of medical office terminology desirable. Must have proficient computer skills.