Responsible for performing all MRI procedures in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physician’s orders in the patient’s chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the MRI Technologist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. In addition, the MRI Technologist must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Performs MRI procedures in a timely manner; documents required information and communicates pertinent information to primary physician and direct care staff.
- Performs MRI Pre-screening Form prior to procedure.
- Coordinates and assists the care of patients assigned in collaboration with other radiologic technologists, physicians, nurses and allied health staff.
- Evaluates patient condition in order to adequately perform radiology exams.
- Informs and explains procedure to be performed to patients and what is expected in terms of his/her cooperation.
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care and assures a safe and comforting environment.
- Consults with other staff as necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures that the necessary clinical equipment and supplies are available and are safely utilized.
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of patients across the life span (e.g., neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited radiology program required.
- Licensure/Certification: Current state certification and current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification required. BLS certification required. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification documentation.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience as an MRI Technologist preferred.