The Network Engineer II’s primary responsibility is to provide management and administration of the hospital’s local and wide area networks. The employee will also utilize network management tools and solutions to install and support the network server environment/equipment, ensure network backup and security systems are operative, and enforce network security policies.
Network Engineer II must be an example of living the Core Values of Arkansas Heart Hospital: Highest Expectations in Quality, Excellence through Innovation, Accountability through Ownership, Resilience without Compromise, Teamwork with Results.
Forty plus hours per week, Monday through Friday. From time-to-time the number of hours per week may vary to meet and project deadlines and weekend work will be necessary to support stakeholders.
- Working within a change control procedure, install, configure, and maintain network systems to support business processing requirements.
- Provide Tier 2 support for Ethernet, MPLS, PIP, Frame, and ATM circuits and networks.
- Provide Tier 2 support for all network equipment and solutions.
- Participates in the development of policies, procedures, and resources that standardize the functioning of the network.
- Research, analyze, and implement software version/code upgrades and hardware modifications to resolve deficiencies.
- Perform capacity and resource planning by assessing risks and developing contingency plans.
- Assists in the recommendation of strategies for data center and infrastructure management from business continuity, disaster recovery, monitoring, storage, security and compliance.
- Maintain adequate Network documentation for audit and internal control purposes.
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Responds to support requests for network assistance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related degree, or equivalent education and work experience
- Licensure: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CEH, CISSP, CCDA, CCDP and other industry standard certifications preferred.
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in networking technologies. Experience with Checkpoint Firewalls a plus. Work experience in the healthcare industry or a healthcare setting preferred.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: LAN, WAN, Data Center, MPLS, SDWan, VPN, BGP, VLAN, Security, Wireless, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, VoIP