- This position is designed for Senior Nursing Students with a desire to work in adult critical care nursing upon graduation from RN school. Must be open to working day, night or weekend shift upon graduation.
This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Assures admission paperwork is available and actively participates in the admission process.
- Actively participates in administering patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patients needs in a timely manner.
- Assists patients with ADLs, including meals, bathing and hygiene needs.
- Performs/assists with range of motion exercises and ambulation. Performs cardiac rehabilitation exercises with patients per protocol.
- Performs/assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher. Transports patients as needed.
- Reports changes in condition to the RN in a timely manner.
- Maintains personal responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Applies the knowledge of growth and development to appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains universal precautions.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Education: High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate required. Must be a Senior Nursing Student.
- Licensure/Certification: None required. CNA and/or paramedic certification (National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) paramedic certification) preferred. BLS certification required within the first 30 days of employment. Basic EKG skills required within 6 months of employment. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card.
- Experience: With CNA and/or paramedic certification, no experience required. Without CNA or paramedic certification, minimum of one year patient care experience in a nursing home or hospital (acute care setting preferred) or one year nursing school required.