This finance position’s primary responsibility is to be the backup to the payroll administrator performing the payroll processing functions. This position will also perform payroll/labor analysis, as well as any other accounting related functions. The individual in this position must execute payroll independently and on time when needed. The Payroll Specialist will work with the Financial Accountants and Managers on special projects and analysis as required and will assist the Human Resources Director as needed. This position requires diligence, flexibility and attention to detail due to the fast-paced environment.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours and days may vary to meet Payroll & Accounting work deadlines. This is not a remote position.
As the payroll processing backup, gain the knowledge to prepare and complete the payroll cycle as listed below:
- Review time records and other payroll data for accuracy, policy compliance and appropriateness and enter data into payroll system.
- Preview payroll runs for accuracy and ensure payroll data balances prior to processing payroll.
- Prepare and deliver manual payroll checks in a timely manner as required. Delivery is between the business office at Westlake and the Little Rock Hospital (.3 miles)
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax payments.
- Independently and accurately prepare various payroll reports.
- Analyze various aspects of payroll to provide critical information to Accounting and HR.
- Maintain payroll files in a confidential, organized, and thorough manner.
- Complete all payroll functions accurately and within required time frames.
- Assist other members of the Accounting Team in Reporting functions
- Prepare labor distribution reports for departmental leaders throughout the organization
- Regularly audit payroll items including employee PDO, special pay and incentives, and work to resolve issues as needed
- Assist in the budgeting process as it primarily relates to the salaries and wages portion of the financial statements.
- Education: High School diploma and prior payroll processing is required
- Licensure/Certification: None
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in payroll processing with an emphasis in Healthcare Payroll preferred.