This position is responsible for all switchboard functions of receiving incoming calls, paging and placement of outgoing calls. This position requires exceptional customer service skills in addition to proficiency in PBX functions. Registration job functions are required. Employee must have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Always receives calls promptly and courteously and forwards appropriately.
- Always displays a courteous and professional tone when paging.
- Other assigned duties as directed by supervisor based on demonstrated competency.
Team Lead Duties (if assigned)
- Ensures training and mentoring of new PBX operators occurs within the team and monitors for additional training if needed
- Communicates all changes to staff in writing
- Ensures that PBX operators follow the appropriate protocol when taking calls. Ensures the tasks are appropriately assigned and if additional training is needed with facilitate.
- Ensures proper coverage exists at all times to ensure no delays in answering incoming calls
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, handle necessary scheduling issues and coordinate between staff and clinical team
- Monitor and approves time off request for staff members and communicates with management daily to ensure proper coverage is maintained
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 months experience, healthcare setting preferred.