This position is responsible for all switchboard functions of receiving incoming calls, paging, placement of outgoing calls and monitoring various alarm systems. This position requires exceptional customer service skills in addition to proficiency in PBX functions. Registration job functions are required. Employee must have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Always receives calls promptly and courteously and forwards appropriately.
- Always displays a courteous and professional tone when paging.
- Admits/registers patients for admission to the hospital, explain policies, answer questions on patient admission and gather all necessary information and signatures according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Assigns patients being admitted to their room, notifies designated nursing station of patients arrival and arranges transport of patient to their room.
- Notifies appropriate outpatient departments when the patient has arrived and provides directions to the destination.
- Performs preadmission functions as defined in hospital policy.
- UHC pre-certification is required on all IP stays within 24 hours of admission regardless of weekend or holidays.
- Registration will contact UHC upon notification of IP status to initiate pre-cert.
- Performs pre-certification/benefit verification processes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Greets patients, families and visitors arriving at the Day Registration Desk in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Serves as liaison with clinical departments, patients and families regarding admission and registration processes.
- Ensures patient and family needs are met and addressed while they are in lobby areas.
- Remains focused on Delighting our Customers.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in office setting required. Healthcare setting preferred.