Responsible for performing all diagnostic radiological procedures in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physicians orders in the patients chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the Radiology Technologist-Hospital is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. In addition, the Radiology Technologist-Hospital must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities.
Flexible schedules to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand.
- Performs radiological procedures in a timely manner; documents required information and communicates to primary physician and direct care staff pertinent information.
- Coordinates and assists the care of patients assigned in collaboration with other radiology technologists, physicians, nurses and allied health staff.
- Evaluates patient condition in order to adequately perform radiology exams.
- Informs and explains procedure to be performed to patients and what is expected in terms of his/her cooperation.
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care and assures a safe and comforting environment.
- Consults with other staff as necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures the necessary clinical equipment and supplies are available and are safely utilized.
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of patients across the life span (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited radiology technology program required.
- Licensure/ Certification: Current Arkansas Department of Health Radiologic Technologist license and current American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) certification required. BLS certification required within 30 days prior to completion of orientation. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card.
- Experience: Minimum of one year of experience as a Radiology Technologist preferred.