This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of a physician/mid-level provider, registered nurse and/or licensed practical nurse. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance and for POC testing.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, but with flexibility to cover all hours based on clinic/patient needs.
- Ensures facility paperwork is available and actively participates in the admission process (i.e., patient arrival/check-in for clinic visit).
- Actively participates in administering patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patients’ needs in a timely manner.
- Performs/assists with positioning patients and transferring patients (i.e., from wheelchair to exam table or bed; from bed to chair, wheelchair or stretcher). Transports patients as needed.
- Reports changes in condition to the nurse in a timely manner.
- Maintains personal responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Applies the knowledge of growth and development to appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains universal precautions.
- May travel to satellite clinics.
- Performs other assigned duties as directed by supervisor based on demonstrated competency.
- Establishes patient setup/connection tasks including inputting patient specific data in electronic health record and EKG equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to perform 12 lead EKG.
- Obtains weight and basic patient information for all clinic visits.
- Monitors and performs vital signs using a variety of equipment, inputs data into electronic health record and reports abnormalities/unanticipated changes to nurse.
- Provides clerical support as needed.
- May obtain accurate medication list from patient or care giver and inputs into electronic health record.
- May monitor clinic schedules for arrival of patients via electronic health record and retrieves patient from lobby after check-in process is completed by registration clerk.
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. required (if hired after January 1, 2003). Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or Licensed Practical Nurse diploma required.
- Licensure/Certification: RMA certification or LPN licensed for the state of Arkansas required. BLS certification required. Basic EKG skills required within 6 months of employment. Certification is to be renewed by recommended rene