This position is for a Strong Hearts coach to join the cardiopulmonary rehab team at the Strong Hearts Conway location. The ideal candidate will be either an Exercise Physiologist or Registered Nurse with the ability to motivate and coach patients in their wellness journey. This is a FT outpatient position, M-F days.
No nights, weekends, holidays, or call. Our Strong Hearts program is one of the largest Cardiac Rehab programs in the country and is one of the only certified Intensive Cardiac Rehabs in the state. This is not your typical rehab center, our facilities are state-of-the-art and our team thrives on teamwork, fun, and helping others crush their goals.
Primary Job Duties:
- Review patient health history in preparation for initial evaluation.
- Conduct initial evaluations and reassessments on all cardiac and pulmonary rehab patients.
- Interview patient to determine educational needs and establish functional treatment goals and plan for care.
- Collaborate with patient’s physician, nurse, and interdisciplinary team members as appropriate to coordinate plan of care and communicate patient status.
- Conduct sub-maximal fitness assessments and prescribe individualized exercise program.
- Utilize proper safety and infection control techniques according to departmental and hospital policy.
- Monitor vitals during exercise sessions, including ECG, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, and glucose.
- Treat patients as needed within department policies and procedures.
- Determine expected outcomes, set priorities, establish goals, and select appropriate interventions for clientele.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the exercise prescription for the clientele.
- Evaluate patient objective/subjective response to exercise and modify treatment and plan of care as indicated in departmental policy.
- Maintain patient confidentiality according to HIPPA.
- Develop Home Exercise Program based on patient’s therapy session.
- Assume a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system at AHH Cardiac Rehab.
- Assure that patient supplies are available as needed to provide patient-focused care.
- Operate departmental equipment and unit monitors competently.
- Perform follow-up phone calls per departmental policy/procedures.
- Consult with each patient regarding Cardiac Rehab per provider orders.
- Provides tours of Strong Hearts Rehabilitation Clinic to new patients as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major/minor course emphasis in Exercise Science or Exercise Physiology required. Master’s degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred OR Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- RN Licensure/Certification: – Registered Nurse with current state licensure. Current BLS certification required
- Exercise Physiologist Licensure/Certification: Current BLS certification required.. ACSM certification preferred. Certification is required to be renewed by recommended renewal date.
- Professional Certification: ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist or ACSM Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist preferred.