The Registered Nurse (RN) working in the Progressive Critical Care Unit (PCCU) has primary responsibility for adult patients with varying degrees of resilience, vulnerability, stability, predictability, complexity, ability to participate in care and decision making, and availability of home care resources.
- Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis, Outcome Identification, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Responding to life-saving situations, including providing advanced life cardiac support
- Assisting providers with procedures, including moderate sedation
- Administering wound care, medications, including intravenous fluids and titration of vasoactive continuous infusions
- Management of critical care patient equipment, including ventilators, BIPAP, cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring, etc.
- Care and Management of pre/post procedure/surgical patients, including cardiothoracic, vascular, general surgical and medical
- Providing education and support to patients/caregivers
- Supervision/delegation of duties to unlicensed assist personnel
- Patient specimen testing and quality control under direction of the Laboratory
- Documents findings and communicates effectively
- Maintains patient confidentiality, standard precautions
- This position is designated as a safety sensitive position because of the essential duties of the job involves critical medical care to patients. A lapse in attention to detail may constitute a threat to health or safety resulting in injury, illness or death. This position is required to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact required. BLS certification required within 30 days of employment and prior to providing direct patient care. Successful completion of ACLS certification is required for any Registered Nurse by completion of clinical orientation. Certifications will be renewed by recommended renewal date on the certification documentation.