Encore Surgical Services – 2 spacious surgical rooms with natural light open Monday through Friday. The operating room team consists of Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists. The procedures performed are Bariatric Sleeves, Bariatric Bypass, Lap Band Removals, General Surgery to include but not limited to appendectomy, Hernia repair, Cholecystomy.
This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care and implementing and evaluating the care. The RN-Critical administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. Also responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. The RN-Critical leads the interdisciplinary care team for patients with primarily cardiovascular disease. In addition, the RN-Critical performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes (under the direction of the Laboratory) responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating population-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard precautions.
- Maintains all necessary documentation.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
- Performs Point-of-Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point-of-Care quality control standards.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact required. BLS certification required within 30 days of employment and prior to providing direct patient care. Successful completion of ACLS certification is required for any Registered Nurse by completion of clinical orientation. Certifications will be renewed by recommended renewal date on the certification documentation.
- PALS or ENPC certification required for all Emergency Department RNs within one year of employment.
- RCIS required for Cath/EP Lab RNs within six months of eligibility. Limited Specialty License required within two months of acquiring RCIS. (excluding PRN employees)Certification(s) is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card.