This position is responsible for supervising the admitting/registration of all patients to the hospital or clinic. The supervisor ensures all necessary demographic and billing information is accumulated and entered for all patients in the computer system with timeliness and accuracy. This position assumes leadership role for all registration/scheduling procedures, equipment and operations. It also requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
Flexible scheduling to cover all shifts to meet business needs.
- Greets patients, families and visitors arriving at the patient registration desk in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Admits/registers patients (i.e., hospital, office visit, procedure, diagnostic testing), explains policies and answers questions, and gathers all necessary information and signatures according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Verifies all patient information to ensure proper patient identification.
- Ensures patient and family needs are met and addressed while they are in lobby areas.
- Regularly circulates through the lobby areas ensuring the areas are neat and clean and that the families are satisfied.
- In collaboration with inpatient admission, OR, Cath Lab and Radiology, may coordinate the booking and scheduling of patients and transmit booking to concierge on a regular basis.
- Notifies appropriate outpatient departments when the patient has arrived and provides directions to the destination.
- May assign patient being admitted to hospital room, notify designated nursing station of patients arrival and arrange transport of patient to room.
- Actively solicits information from patients, doctors office staff and insurance companies to complete the Admission Questionnaire form and insurance pre-certification information.
- Assists patients/families with storage of patients valuables in facility safe according to facility policy.
- Informs patient of and collects co-pays and deductibles in accordance with policy.
- Performs pre-admission functions as defined in hospital policy.
- Performs pre-certification/benefit verification processes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Serves as liaison with clinical departments, patients and families regarding admission and registration processes.
- Assists in developing recommendations to maintain efficient and effective admission/registration processes.
- Performs other duties as directed to provide the most efficient service in a manner that supports the overall effectiveness of the department and the hospital.
- Coordinates work flow to ensure all duties and paperwork are kept current.
- Works with management to identify staff training needs and schedule training as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring all required forms and office supplies are ordered and made available at all times.
- Makes recommendations to management for hiring and firing of employees in the department.
- Responsible for keeping all pertinent policy and procedure manuals current and available to all staff at all times.
- Develops and maintains a team focused on Delighting all Customers.
- Assists customers with their questions regarding their patient accounts.
- Responsible for developing employee work schedules in a timely, efficient and fair manner.
- Makes himself/herself available to all shifts as needed.
- Responds to issues of harassment and discrimination per company policy.
- Completes employee evaluation(s) in a timely manner per company policy.
The above staff member must demonstrate the knowledge and skill levels necessary to provide care, based on defined criteria, that is appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skill level and knowledge needed to provide such care is gained through education, training, and/or experience. When the individual does not meet the standard for a specific competency, he/she will not be allowed to care for the specified populations until retraining has occurred and competency has been demonstrated.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
- Licensure/ Certification: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of four years experience in a related field required. Healthcare and supervisory experience preferred.