Primarily responsible for the shift-to-shift operations of the hospital, including but not limited to managing the logistics of patient admissions and bed control, assisting with staffing in the absence of the Director or Assistant Director and addressing/resolving patient emergencies. Participates in direct care as well as managerial tasks. Is the facilitator of the Rapid Response Team and responds to all Codes. Collaborates with other staff in sharing of resources, as well as providing support and leadership to the staff during his/her shift. Maintains patient safety and confidentiality at all times. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
Flexible schedules to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand
- Actively participates in administering patient care and management of related services.
- Coordinates the admission, discharge and transfer of patients in collaboration with other Directors.
- Verifies insurance for Direct Admit patients without an Emergency Medical Condition.
- Assists families and patients in teaching the skills necessary for successful post-discharge care.
- Ensures patient equipment and supplies are available and in operating condition.
- Performs clinical quality improvement activities such as patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction and staff satisfaction surveying as necessary. Identifies and implements corrective actions as necessary. Monitors the annual quality indicators for compliance to standards.
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains the responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Documents call-ins for all Departments in the absence of the Director/Asst Director.
- Assists in the overall operation of the hospital through active participation in projects aimed at achieving the hospitals mission, and incorporates the values of the hospital in day-to-day activities.
- Assists in the selection of equipment, supplies and goods for the running of the hospital and the caring of the patient with the goals of quality and cost efficiency.
- Communicates with staff and physicians on administrative issues and follows-up on issues until closure.
- Manages the resolution of patient or family complaints with the collaboration of the Directors as needed.
- Fiscally manages within budget and helps monitor overtime.
- Evaluates staff competencies and intervenes to maintain quality.
- Participates in selecting outside sources for needed services.
- Conducts performance reviews of staff and assists in the development of staff in collaboration with the Education Coordinator.
- Assists in recruiting and hiring competent staff.
- Assists staffs in problem-solving work issues, and adapting to the focused patient care environment.
- Maintains communication with off-duty Directors on an as-needed basis.
- Completes the Administrative Report for each shift.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited program of nursing.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. Current BLS and ACLS certification. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years continuous clinical experience in a critical/acute care setting required. Minimum of 2 years recent management experience preferred.