RN or LPN for a unique professional nursing position in The Vascular Institute and Outreach Wound Care Center at Arkansas HeartHospital. Position facilitates autonomy and offers the opportunity to work in a multi-specialty outpatient clinic with locations in Conway, Russellville, Danville, and Hot Springs. The successful candidate with work alongside a mid-level provider in our clinic was well as satellite locations. Cross training allows for professional growth and skill development while adding variety to the clinical setting. We offer training, clinical ladder and mileage reimbursement. New graduates are eligible to apply.
This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care and implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. This person will lead the interdisciplinary care team to ensure safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes (under the direction of the Laboratory) responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments according to patient’s progress and/or unit protocols and age-specific parameters.
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patient’s needs and goals.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard precautions.
- Administers medications and completes treatments according to hospital policy and within age-specific parameters.
- Maintains all necessary documentation.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
- Performs Point-of-Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point-of-Care quality control standards.
- Serves as liaison with physician, facility, patient and families regarding patient care.
- Performs 12 lead EKG.
- Accumulates and enters all necessary patient information into the EMR system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Travels to outreach satellite clinics.
- Provides clerical duties as needed.
- Observes, reports and records patient condition.
- Responds to patient needs in a timely manner.
- Actively solicits information from patient’s doctor’s office staff to facilitate insurance pre-certification.
- Coordinates booking and scheduling of patients for procedures.
- Explains procedures and answers questions regarding patient care and scheduled procedures.
- Assists all personnel, patients and physicians as needed.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physician, patients, clinic staff and Administration.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with current state license or license from a state within the Nursing Compact required. BLS certification required within 30 days of employment and prior to providing direct patient care. Successful completion of ACLS is required by the end of clinical orientation if applicable. Certifications will be renewed by recommended renewal date on the certification documentation.