THE FIRST STEP TO A NEW YOU
WHAT IS THE BARIATRIC & METABOLIC INSTITUTE?
At the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute at Arkansas Heart Hospital, our primary focus is to help YOU in reaching your weight goals and regaining your health. Dr. Samuel Bledsoe, Dr. J.D. Fuller, Dr. James “JJ” Tucker and Dr. Oscar Talledo lead our team of professionals, who strive to make permanent weight loss a reality through personalized attention and innovative surgical options.
WHAT ARE MY SURGICAL OPTIONS?
Our laparoscopic approach means that we perform minimally invasive surgeries. You’ll be out of the hospital and back to your normal life quickly after your procedure.
- Gastric Bypass surgery is considered the gold standard for weight loss surgery and usually results in 70-85% excess weight loss. The procedure entails a reduction in size of the stomach and bypassing a section of the intestines, which also leads to less absorption of fat and calories.
- Gastric Sleeve surgery permanently removes approximately 75% of the stomach, leaving the patient with a tubular “sleeve” for a stomach. This causes the patient to feel full in a shorter amount of time and reduces the hormone that causes the feeling of hunger. Patients usually lose 60-70% of their excess weight following this gastric sleeve surgery. Learn more here.
HOW DO I BECOME A PATIENT?
- Step 1 – Register to view our online seminar at any time.
- Step 2 – Submit insurance information here and our Patient Liaison will contact you to discuss coverage.
- Step 3 – Attend a consultation with our surgeon to discuss surgical options and a clear pathway for permanent weight loss.
- Step 4 – Follow up visit with surgeon to discuss surgery specifics and evaluation. Set surgery date.
- Step 5 – Follow the post-surgical care pathway plan that includes support groups and physician office visits.
Ready to get started? Register to view our online seminar here.
Visit us at 1901 Encore Way, Bryant, AR 72019
- (BMI) Bariatric & Metabolic Institute
- Bariatric and Metabolic Institute
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiology & Catheterization Procedures
- CHF Clinic
- Clinic Research
- Device Clinic
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Heartsaver CT
- Intensive Cardiac Prehabilitation
- Keep the Beat
- Medical Imaging
- Operating Room Procedures
- Other Diagnostics
- StrongHearts Rehab
- Structural Heart
- Vascular Procedures
- Wound Care Center