What is StrongHearts Rehab?
StrongHearts Rehabilitation Center at Arkansas Heart Hospital is the largest and one of the only intensive cardiac rehab programs in the state. The StrongHearts program offers cardiac patients a comprehensive lifestyle change opportunity to achieve optimal recovery, improve quality of life and decrease the chance of having another cardiac event or procedure.
StrongHearts is a Pritikin-certified Intensive Cardiac Rehab Program and is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
- A tailored, personalized program that works with your health goals
- Designed to improve the condition of your heart as well as your overall health
- You will work with a team of clinical exercise physiologists, registered dieticians, chefs, and other cardiac rehab professionals
- Accommodations for physical needs and limitations
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities and culinary kitchen
- Tobacco cessation counseling available
- Caregivers are welcome to attend with you at no additional cost
How can StrongHearts help me?
If you have had a recent cardiac event or procedure, cardiac rehab is an extremely beneficial step in your recovery. The StrongHearts program is personalized to focus on all the lifestyle factors that contributed to your event or procedure. You will have a personal coach by your side through every step of the program to monitor your heart function during each exercise session, provide education through hands-on workshops and live cooking demonstrations, as well as guidance in how to understand your medications and manage stress. We know you want to get back to your normal life and the things you love to do as soon as possible, and we are here to help get you there.
Program Benefits Based on Science:
- Reduced cholesterol and triglycerides
- Reduced chronic inflammation
- Reduced weight and body fat
- Improved blood sugar control
- Improved blood pressure
- Improved circulation and energy
- Improved endurance and strength
For more information and stats on the profound health benefits, click here.
How long does the program last?
The StrongHearts program requires a great deal of dedication, but studies show that patients who complete our program and adhere to recommendations can reduce their chance of a future event by at least 50 percent. Because each patient’s program is personalized, your visits will vary in time and intensity.During the initial visit, we will design an individualized treatment plan based on your overall health, fitness level and diet that will give you a better idea of what the program will look like for you.
Most patients will complete their program in 36 visits to our facility, taking roughly 12-18 weeks depending on how many times per week you attend. Each visit to rehab consists of two sessions — one focusing on exercise, the other on education.
How do I know if I am eligible?
Many insurances, including Medicare, cover all or a portion of cardiac rehab for patients that have had one of the following:
- Heart attack (in the last 12 months)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- PTCA or stenting procedure
- Current stable angina pectoris
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Congestive heart failure
In addition, patients that have peripheral artery disease may be eligible for our Supervised Exercise Therapy for PAD (SET PAD) program.
HEAR FROM OUR PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS
Cecil W. Ward
“The place, the people and the product is the most modern, educated, personalized, fun and impressive heart disease prevention program in the industry.”
“The combination of education and exercise at StrongHearts in the key to a better life in the future. Many people think that a bypass is a cure, It is not—only a current fix. Without the lifestyle change, it could be needed again. The StrongHearts Intensive Cardiac Rehab program reinforced the benefits and furthered my resolve to live longer and healthier.”
Jimmie Lou Neal
“The best 3 months I have ever given myself! A complete wellness experience that strengthens your longevity and zest for life. Because of the medical steps taken with each patient, you feel safe and secure at all times. From my initial consultation to the day I graduated, the entire staff was above reproach. When you enter the fourth floor, you know you are in your happy place!”
Arkansas Heart Hospital Clinic
7 Shackleford West Blvd
Little Rock, AR 72211
Phone: (501) 978-3780
Fax: (501) 687-6880
Arkansas Heart Hospital
209 S. Portland Avenue
Russellville, AR 72801
Phone: (479) 317-7010
Fax: (479) 498-0321
If you are interested in rehab, please fill out this form so we can get in contact with you.
- (BMI) Bariatric & Metabolic Institute
- Bariatric and Metabolic Institute
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiology & Catheterization Procedures
- CHF Clinic
- Clinic Research
- Device Clinic
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Heartsaver CT
- Intensive Cardiac Prehabilitation
- Keep the Beat
- Medical Imaging
- Operating Room Procedures
- Other Diagnostics
- Strong Hearts Rehab
- Structural Heart
- Vascular Procedures
- Wound Care Center