At Arkansas Heart Hospital, we’re a proud leader in complex structural heart interventions to treat structural heart defects and conditions. Our structural heart team has over 30 years of combined structural heart experience and offers a variety of innovative procedures to address your specific condition. Get to know our dedicated structural heart physicians and thanks for choosing Arkansas Heart Hospital for your cardiac care.
Structural Heart Conditions & Procedures
If you or your patient has a history of aortic stenosis, valvular heart disease or other structural heart defects, we can help. Our team leads the state in the treatment of structural heart disease. We were the first in Arkansas to perform the ehitraClip® and TAVR procedures. We were also the first in Arkansas to use the minimalist approach, LAA closure initially using lariat and later Watchman, and parachute device. To date, we have the most TAVR and MitraClip® experience in the region. Our program offers the newest catheter-based and minimally-invasive therapies available in the US, as well as cutting-edge devices such as the Watchman. This full cadre of treatment for structural heart disease is unmatched by any other center in Arkansas.
Structural Heart Conditions We Treat
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Aortic Stenosis
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis and Regurgitation
- Patent Foramen Ovales
- Paravalvular Leaks – Aortic and Mitral
- Congenital Heart Defects, such as Patent Ductus Arteriosus, Atrial Septal Defect and Ventricular Septal Defect
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Degenerative Aortic Bioprosthesis
Patients are initially evaluated by a structural heart interventionist and also separately by our CT surgeons. Ultimately each case is reviewed comprehensively by our SHD team and the best treatment option for you is determined for each patient with complex structural heart disease.
For patients with complex SHD who are at high-surgical risk for conventional open heart surgery, our unique SHD program not only brings FDA approved percutaneous minimally invasive technologies but is also one of the few centers in United States bringing newly developed novel treatment options under FDA approved clinical studies.
Some of the promising new technologies that we are involved with are:
• Corvia, creating of a small intracardiac shunt in patients with diastolic CHF to help to unload the increased left atrial volume and pressure.
• Tendyne, novel percutaneous mitral valve replacement using transapical access in patients with severe mitral regurgitation.
• Amulet, novel percutaneous left atrial appendage closure device as another alternative to currently FDA approved Watchman device.
Structural Heart Interventionalists
CT Surgical Team
Structural Heart Coordinators
- Sarah Carter
- Tiffany Parsons
Common Benefits of Structural Heart Procedures
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- ShorterHospital Stay
- Reduction in Hospital Visits
- Improved Quality of Life
Are You a Candidate?
Our structural heart procedures are not intended for every patient. There are several factors that we will take into consideration when deciding if you are a candidate. For more information, call (501) 219-7376 or (501) 219-7438.
- (BMI) Bariatric & Metabolic Institute
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiology & Catheterization Procedures
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- CHF Clinic
- Clinic Research
- Device Clinic
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Heartsaver CT
- Intensive Cardiac Prehabilitation
- Keep the Beat
- Medical Imaging
- Operating Room Procedures
- Other Diagnostics
- Strong Hearts Rehab
- Structural Heart
- Vascular Procedures
- Wound Care Center