The holiday season is nearly here, and we can’t wait to celebrate together. Here are some of the upcoming events, so you and your team can plan ahead:
Payroll Deduct Gift Cards
Purchase up to $300 in gift cards to Dillard’s, Walmart or Kroger via payroll deduct. (The deductions will take place Jan. 5, Jan. 19 and Feb. 2.). Sign ups will be Dec. 1-5, and gift cards will be distributed Dec. 14-15. Part-time and full-time employees are eligible.
Deck the Halls Auction
Create and donate a stocking filled with goodies or a decorated wreath for an online auction Dec. 13 with your department or individually! Proceeds will benefit the Helping Hearts employee support fund. The deadline to participate is Dec. 6.
The person/team whose items sell for the highest amount will win a prize. Your stocking/wreath is due to marketing in the lower level annex by Dec. 6. You must include your name/department and a list of all items included. If gift cards are included, please list the $ value. The online auction will be held Dec. 13.
Department Photo Contest
Dress up in a holiday theme with your department and submit a photo by Dec. 8. Photos will be posted to AHH social media for voting. See details below.
Whoville with HR
Santa’s a little busy in the workshop this year, so he’s sending the grinch instead. Bring your family for a holiday snack and photos with the Grinch on Dec. 11 from 5 – 8 p.m. in the Annex (located behind Arkansas Heart Hospital).
Cutest Holiday Pet
Submit a photo of your pet decked in holiday spirit for a voting contest on Cooleaf. Submissions are accepted ongoing, but voting ends Dec. 20, so the sooner you submit, the better.
More information on these activities and more will be coming soon. We look forward to celebrating with you!
2023 Heart For the Holidays Costume Contest
Calling all AHH team members! It’s time to get into the Christmas spirit and show your creative costumes for the 2023 Heart for the Holidays Costume Contest. Grab your department team members and come up with your best holiday-themed costumes for a chance to win prizes and bragging rights.
How to enter:
Submit a photo of your team/department in their holiday costumes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Dec. 8 at noon. Photos will be posted to our Arkansas Heart Hospital Facebook page for voting. Winners will be announced Friday, Dec. 15.
Guidelines and Rules:
- Wear costumes that fall under the holiday theme. If costumes are not holiday-related, they will be ineligible. Examples of holiday costumes include Santa’s reindeer, the Grinch and Whos, etc.
- Wear appropriate costumes. Please refrain from violent, political or sexual themes.
- Submit ONE photo of your team/department with the department name.
- You can only be on one team and only enter the contest one time.
- Participants must be employed by AHH. Team members’ family and friends will not be considered part of the team/department.
- Costumes can be homemade and/or store-bought.
- Be creative and have fun!
- Display nudity and/or sexually inappropriate attire.
- Display images or language offensive to race, gender and/or religion.
- Display extreme political statements.
- Carry real and/or prop weapons.
- Display foul language and/or curse words.
- Display graphic emblems and/or images.
- Wear costumes and props that present a risk of injury to people or property.
All photos will be screened to make sure they are appropriate to be posted to Facebook. You will be informed via email if costumes do/do not meet the guidelines and rules.
How to vote:
Visit the Arkansas Heart Hospital Facebook page and like your favorite photo(s). Get your family and friends in on the fun and encourage them to like and share your photo(s).
How to win:
The teams’ photos that receive the most engagement (likes, loves, etc.) by Friday, Dec. 15 at 8 a.m., will be declared winners.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.