Keep the Beat heart screenings take place at our Little Rock Clinic located at:
7 SHACKLEFORD W BLVD
LITTLE ROCK, AR 72211
Keep the Beat is a heart screening and educational program provided by Arkansas Heart Hospital that is open to the public for $99. You may either schedule an appointment and pay at at the time of your screening or purchase a voucher beforehand to redeem at your screening. Vouchers are only available online and in the Junebugs Store in our hospital lobby.
Heart Month Promotion: For the month of February, vouchers are available for $49 online and at Junebugs.
FIRST, ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
In order to participate in Keep the Beat, you must meet these requirements:
- Participants must be over 30 years of age without a previous diagnosis for coronary artery disease. If you do not meet this age criteria, you must have a referral from your primary care physician prior to scheduling.
- Previous procedures: If you have had stents placed, bypass surgery or have been previously diagnosed with coronary artery disease or you are an established patient with Arkansas Heart Hospital Clinic, you will be ineligible for Keep the Beat.
- You must weigh 440lbs or less to complete Keep the Beat screening.
- It must be at least 5 years since your last Keep the Beat screening to participate again.
- The recipient will need to schedule an appointment to use the card. Information to schedule an appointment is included on the voucher.
HOW WILL I SCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT?
If you have purchased a voucher to participate in Keep the Beat, you have 2 options:
- Print an eVoucher for yourself or email to a recipient of your choosing. This option is free and available immediately.
- Receive or send the voucher by mail for a small processing fee.
WHAT KEEP THE BEAT INCLUDES:
Keep the Beat is a quick, painless way to assess your risk for heart disease. It looks at various risk factors of heart disease and help you develop your cardiovascular risk profile. Participants in the Keep the Beat screening will receive counseling by a qualified healthcare professional. In addition to an in-depth look at your risk factors, you will receive educational materials related to the prevention and treatment of heart disease. This information will be valuable to you as you move forward with lifestyle and risk-management changes in order to keep your heart healthy.
NOTE: Keep the Beat is not intended to replace routine checks and/or follow-ups with your doctor. Any follow up that is done will be based on your preference and your level of identified risk.
When you participate in a Keep the Beat screening, you’ll receive:
- HeartSaver CT scan: CT scan of the heart to assess hard calcium deposits.
- Laboratory Blood tests:
- Lipid Panel: Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and Triglycerides
- Hemoglobin A1C: Diabetic Screening
- Resting Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Carotid Artery Assessment
- Peripheral Vascular Assessment
- Blood Pressure Evaluation
- Risk Evaluation: Assess risk factors and the risk of heart disease over the next 10 years
- Body Composition: Body Mass Index (BMI) and measure of body fat percentage
- Nutrition Counseling
WHY THIS HEART SCREENING IS SO IMPORTANT
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death in Arkansas. The total cardiovascular disease death rate in Arkansas is the 7th highest in the U.S. per the American Heart Association’s Cardiovascular Diseases in the United States: 2009 report. Surprisingly a large number of those suffering from heart disease do not have any obvious outward signs; for many, their very first symptom is a heart attack. Arkansas Heart Hospital has initiated the Keep the Beat program to help assess your cardiovascular risk and then help you move in a direction that may keep you from becoming a statistic.
HEAR FROM OUR PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS
Mr. Claude Reeder
Claude and his wife were touring the hospital and they both went through the Keep the Beat program on a spur of the moment. Identified through the HeartSaver CT portion of the Keep the Beat assessment, his wife had a low calcium score, but he had a high score. Claude then had a diagnostic cath performed and two days later underwent quadruple bypass surgery. One artery had 100 percent blockage and his main artery had 80 percent. Claude was on a collision course to a possible fatal heart attack. Claude is an active man and avid golfer. Prior to participating in the Keep the Beat program, Claude had NO symptoms. “I truly feel like Keep the Beat saved my life,” states Claude.
Mr. Robert Davis
Dover, Age 61
“The Keep the Beat program at Arkansas Heart Hospital changed my life and no doubt saved it.” When Robert Davis first came to Arkansas Heart Hospital it was for his brother’s heart surgery. He never expected that in less than a month, he would return for his own triple bypass. With two arteries 100 percent blocked and another at 95 percent, Robert was no doubt headed for serious heart problems. Instead, he is able to enjoy a better quality of life and peace of mind thanks to early detection by the Keep the Beat program. “The best part is that you have peace of mind knowing you are going to be around for your family.”
Mr. Donald Kenney
Little Rock, Age 62
“The Keep the Beat program at Arkansas Heart Hospital saved my life.” He didn’t have any symptoms, but the two major blockages in Donald Kenney’s heart could have easily ended his life. Thanks to early detection by the Keep the Beat program at Arkansas Heart Hospital, doctors were able to repair the blocked arteries in plenty of time.
Mr. Alton Pryor
Sherwood, Age 67
“I signed up for Keep the Beat so my wife would go. I never thought I’d be the one with the problem.” As an avid walker, the thought that he might have heart disease never crossed Alton Pryor’s mind. His concern was for his wife. So they both signed up for the Keep the Beat program. The results: she was fine, but his risk was borderline high, prompting treatment that kept Mr. Pryor from a potentially serious problem.
- (BMI) Bariatric & Metabolic Institute
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiology & Catheterization Procedures
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- CHF Clinic
- Clinic Research
- Device Clinic
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Heartsaver CT
- Intensive Cardiac Prehabilitation
- Keep the Beat
- Medical Imaging
- Operating Room Procedures
- Other Diagnostics
- Strong Hearts Rehab
- Structural Heart
- Vascular Procedures
- Wound Care Center