This clerical/service position maintains the general stores warehouse area, receives incoming shipments, enters materials management/purchasing information into the hospital computer system, and assists the hospital functions with obtaining supplies. Orders supplies from vendors. May operate a company-provided vehicle and pick up and deliver materials at the various Arkansas Heart Hospital facilities around the state. Runs other errands, as necessary. May also be expected to distribute and route mail and packages. Works with hospital support services on special projects and performs a range of support service activities. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Receives incoming shipments according to policies and procedures and enters the receivers into the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Organizes, maintains and safeguards the inventory stored in general stores.
- Inspects inventory items according to policies and procedures to assure suitability for use and locate items with close expiration dates.
- Keeps the general stores area clean and organized.
- Assists the hospital units with supply deliveries.
- Places orders to vendors by FAX, EDI and telephone in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the accounting department to assure accurate, timely and thorough payment of vendor invoices.
- Cooperates with hospital personnel in a manner that allows timely and complete ordering of supplies but in a manner that complies with policies and procedures.
- Loads vehicle with required/necessary materials, ensuring materials are loaded correctly and taking precautions with any hazardous goods.
- Drives vehicle to reach destinations to deliver messages or materials, planning and following the most efficient routes for delivering materials.
- Delivers and unloads materials at correct locations.
- Receives messages or materials to be delivered and information on recipients, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and delivery instructions, communicated via telephone, two-way radio or in person.
- Records information, such as materials received and delivered and recipients’ responses to messages.
- Maintains complete and accurate travel logs and other records, as required.
- Checks with supervisor after completed deliveries to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for other deliveries.
- Performs routine maintenance on delivery vehicles, such as monitoring fluid levels and replenishing fuel.
- Does not allow any unauthorized hospital personnel in the vehicle.
Other Support Services Duties:
- Assists plant operations or other support services personnel, when required, on special projects.
- Coordinates forwarding MSDS forms with the appropriate hospital personnel.
- Maintains the loading dock area in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of disaster supplies (e.g., lamps, batteries, portable manual suction).
- Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Licensure/Certification: Valid Arkansas drivers license with a clean driving record (if required to drive as a courier).
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience as a warehouse worker, preferably in a healthcare environment.