What to Expect
Arkansas Heart Hospital continues efforts to provide the safest, highest-quality health care and the best experience possible to our patients. During this global pandemic, we are taking additional steps to help prevent exposures to COVID-19. Here are some answers to questions you might have regarding your stay or visit:
Frequently asked questions regarding visitors at AHH:
- How many visitors am I allowed to have at the hospital? Each patient at AHH is allowed ONE visitor for the time during which you are in the hospital.
- If my original visitor leaves, am I allowed to have another visitor come? No, we are asking for you to have only one visitor for your entire stay. We are not allowing for visitors to be changed out.
- Is my visitor allowed to leave to run an errand or for any other reason? Yes, but we do ask that the amount of times they leave is limited as we are trying to help prevent exposures to COVID-19.
- How many visitors am I allowed to have at the clinic? We are asking that patients come alone to their clinic visits unless it is impossible to do so due to medical reasons. If necessary, only ONE visitor will be allowed for the duration clinic visit.
- Can I have a visitor in the ER? Yes! You may have ONE visitor with you when coming to the ER.
- Will my visitor and I be screened at the door? For your safety, all patients, visitors, and staff will have their temperature checked and asked a few questions before entering the building. Please notify us if you have been around anyone with COVID, been tested for COVID and waiting on results, or have tested positive.
For your safety:
- All patients and visitors will need to wear a mask at all times.
- Staff members are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility.
- Enhanced environmental cleaning is in effect. You will see members of the Support Services staff cleaning the lobby and other public areas such as restrooms often. Please pardon the interruption
- All staff, care team, and visitor are expected to wash/sanitize their hands before and after entering a patient’s room. These hand sanitizing stations may be inside your room or just outside the door.
- Please be mindful of social distancing when in shared spaces like the café or lobby.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is only with your help that we can help prevent COVID -19 exposures in our community. For questions, please see any member of the care team.
For more information about Covid-19 vaccinations please go to COVID-19 Vaccines