Effective November 10, hospital and emergency room patients at Arkansas Heart Hospital are allowed two visitors per day. Visitors must be 12 years of age or older. For your safety, all patients, visitors and staff will be required to always wear a mask while in Arkansas Heart Hospital.
- How many visitors am I allowed to have at the hospital? Hospital patients are allowed two visitors per day. Visitors must be 12 years of age or older. We follow the “No Patient Left Behind” Act to ensure patients have the support they need, especially elderly patients and those with disabilities.
- How many visitors am I allowed to have at the clinic? We ask for patients to come individually to their clinic visits unless impossible to do so for medical reasons. If necessary, up to two visitors will be allowed for the duration of the clinic visit.
- Can I have a visitor in the ER? You may have up to two visitors with you when coming to the ER.
- Is my visitor allowed to leave to run an errand or for any other reason? Yes, but we ask they limit the number of times they leave to help prevent exposures to COVID-19.
- What about pastoral visitors? To better accommodate spiritual needs and assist with healing, patients can have a visit from one clergy per day at the patient’s request.
- What guidelines do visitors follow? For your safety, all visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times. For your health and safety, if visitors demonstrate any of the symptoms below, they will not be allowed to enter the building:
- Fever, cough or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, headache or feeling sick
- Loss of taste or smell
- Vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Nausea or loss of appetite
- Exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
For your safety:
- All patients, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Please be mindful of social distancing when in shared spaces like the café or lobby.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available for your use throughout the facility.
- Enhanced environmental cleaning is in effect. You will see members of the Support Services staff cleaning the lobby and other public areas such as restrooms often.
- All staff, care team, and visitor are expected to wash/sanitize their hands before and after entering a patient’s room. These hand sanitizing stations may be inside your room or just outside the door.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is only with your help that we can help prevent COVID -19 exposures in our community. For questions, please see any member of the care team.
For vaccine information visit COVID-19 Vaccines.