This fall, don’t just carve your pumpkins, savor them! These nutrient powerhouses are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, can boost eyesight and are a great addition to the bariatric eating plan.
Reap the rewards of this tasty vegetable with this pumpkin spice recipe that’s perfect for your protein shakes.
- 1 can Libby’s pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup Splenda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to taste
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Simmer ingredients for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place it in a storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add ¼ cup to your favorite protein shake along with ice. Blend until smooth.
Recipe yields 4 servings.
Nutrition per ¼ cup:
- Calories: 25
- Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
We believe food should be healthy and taste good. That’s why our bariatric dieticians provide a wealth of delicious recipes for our patients, no matter the eating plan they’re on. Learn how you can start your weight loss journey, meet our bariatric surgeons and explore our financing options at bmi.arheart.com.