Stay hydrated with our latest heart healthy drink: homemade citrus electrolyte drink
Staying hydrated in the summertime can sometimes be difficult. Often we reach for electrolyte replacement drinks, which are loaded with sugar. Young children can get dehydrated even while at the pool or lake. To keep you and your family hydrated, registered dietitian Samantha Stewart put together this recipe for a heart healthy drink. The drink can also be poured into ice trays and made as ice. For more information, check out the recipe demo Samantha did recently on Fox 16 News.
Homemade Citrus Electrolyte Drink
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups water (filtered or purified or raw coconut milk)
- 1 Tbsp organic raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Pink salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Store in Mason jars or reusable glass cap bottles.
Check back soon for more heart healthy drink and meal recipes from Arkansas Heart Hospital. And don’t forget to check out our culinary page and visit our main Little Rock location for our famous ramen!