Shrimp lovers, get ready to ignite your taste buds with this healthy twist on the beloved bang bang shrimp recipe. Siracha sauce, red pepper flakes and light mayo create the perfect combination, and are approved for bariatric surgery eating plan established by the experts at the Bariatric & Metabolic Institute at Arkansas Heart Hospital.
Try this recipe and let us know what you think!
- 16 ounces of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsps. canola oil
- 1 tbsps. garlic powder
- 2 tsps. paprika
- 1/2 tsps. kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 tsps. red pepper flakes (can omit if less spice is desired)
- 1/3 cups light mayo
- 3 tbsps. sweet chili sauce*
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.5 tsps. Siracha sauce
*Recommended brands: G Hughes, Trader Joe’s or Melinda’s.
- Preheat grill or frying pan.
- Toss shrimp in the canola oil and coat with seasonings.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bright pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and brush sauce on generously, trying to coat both sides.
Recipe yields roughly 4 servings on the bariatric lifetime eating plan.
Estimated nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 140-160
- Carbs: 2-5g net
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 15g
We believe food should taste good. That’s why our bariatric dieticians provide a wealth of delicious recipes for our patients, no matter the eating plan they’re on. See more of our recipes and resources, and learn how you can start your journey to a new improved you at bmi.arheart.com.
Learn about our bariatric surgery options.