For a nice sweet treat after a big meal, surprise your loved ones with a chocolate chip cookie cake. This family recipe also shows substitutions for those who are gluten sensitive or intolerant.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flower
Substitution: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free all-purpose flour or King Arthur’s White Wheat Flour
- 1 cup of sugar
Substitution: Lakanto Monk fruit sweetener
- 1 cup of brown sugar
Substitution: Lakanto Monk fruit sweetener, golden
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of quick oats
Substitution: Bob’s Red Mill GF quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 cup oil
Substitution: ¾ to 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Substitution: Lily’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
Substitution: 1 TBSP of ground flaxseeds or chia seeds mixed with 3 TBSP of water
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and eggs and mix well.
- Add oats, semi-sweet chocolate chips and nuts. Stir until well blended.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Spread into an 8×13 ungreased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (time sensitive).
- Remove from oven and cool in pan completely before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container to preserve freshness for a week.
For more great recipes, check out recipe page for heart healthy snacks and meals you can make any time of the year.