Summertime calls for light, cool, easier meals to beat the heat. Fresh produce and lean meat make wraps the perfect heart healthy lunch for summertime! Here’s a recipe for Greek lettuce wraps that’s quick, easy and one bariatric patients love.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken breast (from one chicken)
- Boston or Butter Lettuce Leaves (sometimes packaged as “Living lettuce”)
- Fat free plain Greek yogurt
- Roasted red bell pepper strips
- English cucumber cut into strips
Remove white and dark meat from chicken and place in separate bowls, shred. *Leftover carcass may be used for stock.
Remove root ball from lettuce and rinse. Allow to drain or place in salad spinner to remove excess water.
For Greek Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt (Chobani was used in recipe testing)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry dill or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients together in bowl. May be placed in squeeze bottle for easy use. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to develop.
Place 2 lettuce leaves on plate. Add 2 ounces shredded white meat to each lettuce leaf. Top each with 3 strips roasted red bell pepper, 3 strips of cucumber, 2 Tablespoons Tzatziki sauce and ½ ounces crumbled feta.
Components may be assembled ahead of time or stored in separate plastic storage bags and placed in cooler for easy travel meal!
Extra Tzatziki Sauce may be used as a high protein veggie dip.
Nutrition info per serving (2 lettuce wraps)
- 290 calories
- 13 grams fat
- 36 grams protein
- 3 grams carbohydrate
For more great tasting heart healthy lunch and other meal recipes, click here.