Part of the success bariatric patients experience comes with healthy eating habits. One of the keys to healthier eating is planning and prepping heart healthy meals ahead of time. Using a rotisserie chicken can save you time and make meal prepping easier. These Chicken Salad wraps are easy to make, packed full of flavor, are portable and something the family can enjoy.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken breast (from one chicken)
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup peeled, chopped apple (Honeycrisp used for recipe testing)
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (Duke’s used for recipe testing)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Boston or Butter Lettuce leaves (sometimes packaged as “Living Lettuce”)
- Sliced almonds
Place shredded chicken breast in medium mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except almonds. Pour over shredded chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate 2-3 hours for best flavor.
Place lettuce leaves on plate. Place ½ cup chicken salad on each leaf. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sliced almonds on each wrap.
Nutrition info per ½ cup chicken salad
- 183 calories
- 12 grams fat
- 3 grams carbohydrate
- 16 grams protein
For more heart healthy meals and recipes, click here.