This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the scope of practice of an RN or LPN using the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of the physician. In addition, responsible for scheduling, financially clearing, and pre-registering patients via telephone. This position is also main point of contact for physician referrals to the clinic. This position includes obtaining and entering demographic and insurance information. This employee will place daily calls to various insurance companies for authorization/notification and benefits verification purposes
- Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patient needs in a timely manner.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Welcomes patients and ensures the admission paperwork is available; actively participates in the admission process.
- Performs/Assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher.
- Performs/Assists with range of motion exercises and ambulating.
- Reports abnormal conditions to the RN or physician in a timely manner.
- Identifies the organization of the human body, including its systems, structure and functions.
- Demonstrates general principles of cleanliness (asepsis).
- Applies the principle of basic nutrition to patient care.
- Provides basic emergency care.
- Coordinates the booking and scheduling of patients for procedures/appointments
- Serves as liaison with physician/facility, patient and families regarding patient care.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor, based on demonstrated competency.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains universal precautions.
- Medication administration
- Education: Graduate of an accredited RN or LPN program required.
- Licensure/ Certification: Current state licensure as a Registered or Practical Nurse or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact required. Current BLS at time of employment.
- Experience: None required. Minimum of 6 months’ continuous RN or LPN experience preferred. IV experience strongly preferred.