If you’re looking for a little taste of fall this season, add this pumpkin spoonbread recipe to your list. Not only delicious, it’s also suitable for the bariatric eating plan or anyone wanting to cut carbs. It’s also an easy make-ahead recipe for Thanksgiving!
Try it today. You and your guests will thank us!
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups Splenda
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups solid-pack pumpkin (pumpkin puree with no additives)
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the oil, Splenda, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add all the web ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Be cautious of overmixing.
- Grease and flour a 6×9 pan baking dish. Pour the batter into the dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
Servings: Approximately 18
Serving size: ¼ cup
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 150
- Carbs: 2.2g net
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 2g
Providing tasty, bariatric friendly recipes is one of the many ways we support patients in their new bariatric lifestyle at the Bariatric & Metabolic Institute at Arkansas Heart Hospital. Learn why hundreds of people choose our program to lose weight and change their lives at bmi.arheart.com.