$99 Heart Screening with Priceless Insights
Our Keep the Beat comprehensive heart screening costs less than a piece of jewelry or fancy dinner and gives priceless insights to heart health. It just might save your loved one’s life.
Keep the Beat is a heart screening and educational program exclusive to Arkansas Heart Hospital. Our premiere screening is only $99 and includes nine components to build a cardiovascular risk profile, which one of our world-class providers will review with you. This valuable information eliminates uncertainty and helps you move forward with lifestyle and risk-management changes to keep your heart healthy.
For last minute gifters, Keep the Beat vouchers are delivered via email and can be printed on demand. Purchase a gift certificate online for your loved one now. Please note, Keep the Beat gift certificates are non-refundable and require a scheduled appointment to complete the screening.
From the recipe books of our award-winning culinary team, make mom a special dessert baked with love.
Easy Strawberry Cake
• 15.25 ounce box white cake mix (use ingredients listed here NOT what is listed on the box) You can also use 16.25-ounce size
• 3 -ounce box strawberry jello you’ll use the powder
• 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen mashed or finely chopped (measured after you chop or mash them)
• ¾ cup vegetable oil
• ½ cup whole milk or 2% milk
• 4 large eggs at room temperature
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
• 8 -ounces cream cheese at room temperature
• ½ cup butter room temperature
• 5 to 6 cups confectioners’ sugar sifted then measured, more if needed
• 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream more if needed
• ¼ cup strawberries fresh or frozen, mashed or chopped fine, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray pan(s) with non-stick spray or Wilton cake release.
- Add cake mix, eggs, milk, and vegetable oil to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and mix well. Mix in the 1 cup of mashed strawberries and the (dry) strawberry gelatin.
- Mix for 3 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
- Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Cool the cake layers for 10 minutes in the pan before removing them to a wire rack. Wait until the cake is completely cool before frosting.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift sugar and add one cup at a time to the cream cheese mixture. Add heavy whipping cream and strawberries and incorporate completely.
- For a more professional cake, remove the domes from the tops of the cake layers with a cake leveler or large serrated knife.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving plate. Spread about 1 cup of the frosting on top in an even layer. Repeat with the next layer of cake and frosting, then top the cake with the final layer of cake (if you have 3 layers).
- Frost the outside of the cake. An offset spatula makes it easy to get an even layer.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup of brown sugar
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp of salt
• 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
• 1 cup of quick oats
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup oil
• 3 eggs slightly beaten
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and eggs and mix well.
- Add oats, semi-sweet chocolate chips and nuts. Stir until well blended.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Spread into an 8×13 ungreased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (time sensitive).
- Remove from oven and cool in pan completely before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container to preserve freshness for a week.