If your new year’s resolution is to lose weight, forget the diet trends and pills. Permanent weight loss through diet and exercise alone can be impossible. Instead, achieve long-lasting weight loss results with bariatric surgery, which also resolves conditions like type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, joint pain and more.
THE BARIATRIC & METABOLIC INSTITUTE AT ARKANSAS HEART HOSPITAL
At the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute (BMI), our primary focus is to help YOU in reaching your weight goals and regaining your health. A nationally-recognized team of physicians, nurses, counselors and dietitans, we are your lifelong partners in the journey to a longer, healthier life.
Dr. Samuel Bledsoe, Dr. J.D. Fuller, Dr. James “JJ” Tucker and Dr. Oscar Talledo lead our team of professionals, who strive to make permanent weight loss a reality through personalized attention and innovative surgical options. From insurance approvals to emotional and physical wellness, we are here for you every step of the way.
Weight loss surgery can help you live a happier, healthier and longer life. Benefits include:
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases, stroke and heart attack
- 50-85% expected excess weight loss, depending on the procedure
- Resolves type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea
- Extends life expectancy up to 10 years
- Reduces risk of cancer by 32%
WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY QUESTIONS?
Our expert team has your answers.
- Do I qualify for bariatric surgery? To be eligible for bariatric surgery, you must have a body mass index greater than 40, or a body mass index greater than 35 with comorbidities (such as type II diabetes).
- Will my insurance pay? All insurance providers have different requirements, but we have dedicated team members to coordinate the approval process. Find out if your insurance covers bariatric surgery.
- What are my surgical weight loss options? Our laparoscopic approach means that we perform minimally invasive surgeries. You’ll be out of the hospital and back to your normal life quickly after your procedure. We offer the gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgeries – considered the gold standard for effectiveness and safety.
Other questions? Call our office at 501-219-7770 or complete the form below: