Vaccine eligibility information frequently changes; please consult the links below for up to date info:
All Arkansans age 12 or older are now eligible to receive the vaccine. Please note that for children under the age of 18 a parent or guardian must be present. More information can be found at ADH Vaccination Plan.
Who Needs an Additional COVID-19 Vaccine?
According to CDC guidelines, qualifying patients who should or may receive the booster are listed below:
- 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive
- People aged 50–64 years old with underlying medical conditions should receive
- People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive, and
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks
Health considerations before you request your appointment:
- If you have had a severe allergic reaction to any vaccine or injectable therapy (intramuscular, intravenous or subcutaneous), you should not receive the COVID-19 vaccine at this time.
- If you had COVID-19 in the past 90 days, you may choose to defer the COVID-19 vaccine at this time. Reinfection is uncommon in the 90 days after the initial infection. Please note: You must have recovered from COVID-19 at the time you receive the vaccine.
- If you received monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma as part of COVID-19 treatment, you should defer the vaccine for at least 90 days after treatment.
- If you are immunocompromised, please talk to your healthcare provider before receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you are pregnant, suspect you are pregnant or are breastfeeding, please talk to your pregnancy healthcare provider to get a letter of approval for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Our visitor policy will be in effect during the vaccination process. Please visit Screening Process & Visitor Limitation for more info.