Vaccine eligibility information frequently changes; please consult the links below for up to date info:
The vaccine is safe and highly effective. Together with wearing masks, washing hands and social distancing, vaccines are key to ending the coronavirus pandemic. View Pfizer Vaccination Information here.
All Arkansans age 12 or older are now eligible to receive the vaccine. Please note that for children under the age of 18 a parent or guardian must be present. More information can be found at ADH Vaccination Plan.
Who Needs an Additional COVID-19 Vaccine?
According to CDC guidelines, qualifying patients who should or may receive the booster are listed below:
- 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive
- People aged 50–64 years old with underlying medical conditions should receive
- People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive, and
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks
Health considerations before you request your appointment:
- If you have had a severe allergic reaction to any vaccine or injectable therapy (intramuscular, intravenous or subcutaneous), you should not receive the COVID-19 vaccine at this time.
- If you had COVID-19 in the past 90 days, you may choose to defer the COVID-19 vaccine at this time. Reinfection is uncommon in the 90 days after the initial infection. Please note: You must have recovered from COVID-19 at the time you receive the vaccine.
- If you received monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma as part of COVID-19 treatment, you should defer the vaccine for at least 90 days after treatment.
- If you are immunocompromised, please talk to your healthcare provider before receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you are pregnant, suspect you are pregnant or are breastfeeding, please talk to your pregnancy healthcare provider to get a letter of approval for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Our visitor policy will be in effect during the vaccination process. Please visit Screening Process & Visitor Limitation for more info.