It’s not Valentine’s Day without sharing something sweet with your someone special. If you’re on a bariatric or low-carb/low-sugar eating plan, it may be tricky to find a recipe. With the help of our bariatric dietitians, we have created the perfect dessert that will make your Valentine’s Day special: snickerdoodle mug cake. With cinnamon, cream and butter, it’s irresistible. See the recipe below and get to baking!
- 1 tbsp. salted butter (if using unsalted then add a pinch of salt)
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Erythritol (Swerve)
- 3 tbsp. super fine blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tbsp. Erythritol (Swerve)
- Melt butter in the microwave in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the garnish ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine the egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract and Erythritol into the bowl with the melted butter and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer half of the mixture into a 12-16-oz. mug. Top with half of the cinnamon/Swerve mixture you set aside. Add the remaining batter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then 10 seconds intervals until firm.
- Top with remaining cinnamon/Swerve mixture and serve.
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 340
- Carbs: 2.5g net
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 16g
NOTE: This recipe is for the bariatric lifetime eating plan.
If you enjoyed this sweet treat, we have plenty of recipes for any time of the year. See our bariatric-friendly and heart-healthy recipes.
If you’re ready to start your journey to a healthier, active lifestyle, the Bariatric & Metabolic Institute at Arkansas Heart Hospital is here to discuss the best bariatric surgery option for you. Visit bmi.arheart.com to learn more, see if you qualify for surgery and to watch our free, no-commitment online seminar.