This professional accounting position is responsible for maintaining the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and journals; closing the general ledger monthly; and assisting in the preparation of the monthly financial and statistical reports of the hospital entity and the clinic entity. Reconciles general ledger accounts. Works closely with managers and directors on accounting, budget and other financial issues. Performs a range of technical duties related to accounting and financial operations, including various analytical assignments related to contracts, patient activity, profitability, budget-to-actual and many other factors. May perform business analysis and project management functions.
Forty hours per week, Monday through Friday. From time-to-time the number of hours per week may vary to meet accounting and project deadlines.
Ledgers, Journals and Other Accounting Records:
- Assists in maintaining the general ledger, various sub-ledgers, journal entries, subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations in a timely, thorough manner as directed by procedures and the Controller.
- Assists in closing the books monthly in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Assists in maintaining all ledgers, journals and other accounting records according to GAAP, all governing laws and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains and files various ledgers and documentation to support all entries in a complete and timely manner.
Financial, Statistics Reports:
- Prepares monthly and as-needed financial and statistics reports in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists with preparation of cost reports, budgets, etc.
- Files all financial and statistics reports and documentation in a confidential, thorough manner.
Other Accounting Duties:
- Coordinates with bank(s) to ensure timely and accurate processing of wires, ACHs, etc.
- Works with outside auditors and accountants in a professional, cooperative manner.
- Assists the Financial Accountant and Controller with cost reports, budgets and other financial management duties.
- Assists with the physical inventory count and valuation.
- Prepares financial analyses as directed by the CFO, VP of Finance and Controller.
- Assists Accounting staff as necessary to effect timely processing of accounts payable and payroll.
Business Analysis and Project Management:
- Maintains knowledge of and acts as subject-matter expert on accounting, and scheduling/time and attendance applications.
- Assesses accounting and scheduling/time and attendance business needs as they relate to systems/applications; recommends business process enhancements and coordinates with IT personnel to make necessary changes.
- Assists Accounting department staff in resolving various application user issues, including analyzing/resolving business-related issues, setting up and running complex queries, etc.
- May provide oversight of accounting, payroll and HR projects as they relate to applications and business process improvements.
Performs Other Duties as Assigned.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in accounting or related field or equivalent, professional-level experience.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience as an accountant or financial analyst; cash management preferred; healthcare environment preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: CPA preferred.