This position is responsible for the electronic and manual posting of insurance and patient payments. Interprets insurance explanation of benefits (EOBs) and adjusts patient accounts accordingly. This position requires knowledge of medical charges and allowed amounts by insurance carriers and the ability to enter data with high attention to detail.
Monday – Friday, 8-5 or as determined by supervisor.
- Interprets explanation of benefits from insurance carriers.
- Determines appropriate processing requirements regarding payments and adjustments to be posted.
- Enters insurance payments and associated adjustments to patients accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Posts personal payments to the patients accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifies any EOBs incorrectly processed and submits the EOBs to appropriate person for claim review.
- Balances all batches keyed.
- Properly processes all claims that need to be forwarded on to secondary for further review.
- Maintains responsibility for business office petty cash.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- May cross-train and provide backup for other business office functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience processing medical charges and working with insurance explanation of benefits (EOBs).